by michael eli dokosi/www.blakkpepper.com/ghana
She has diligently been honing her craft and now industry people are taking notice. Gospel artiste and philanthropist Herty Corgie has been nominated in the Female Artist of the Year USA category of the Contemporary Gospel Music Awards 2019.
Herty is vying for the trophy as is Annistar, Toya Love, Ruth Seal, Terricann Music, Jane Rita and Pastor Esinu.
On becoming aware of her nomination, Corgie submitted on her social media platforms:
“What an Amazing God we serve! I have been nominated for CGM Awards – Ghana 2019.”
Contemporary Gospel Music Awards (CGM AWARDS) Ghana scheme is designed to foster the development of the Ghanaian contemporary gospel music industry.
Organisers reckon the contemporary gospel industry needs necessary attention to enhance its rapid growth and development in the country and in the diaspora.
Musicians who released songs, albums, videos or did any kind of project that fell under any of the published categories was required to send in their nominations by email for consideration.
The award is mainly a public choice award which allows the public 70% voting power to decide who wins what. The other 30% power lies in the bosom of board.
Herty Corgie executed the ‘Overflow Concert’ at the Grace 2 Grace Centre in the US on June 2. The Christian music event at the 7911 Braygreen Road, Laurel MD 20707 drew in gospel music notables including J.J Hairtson, Emmanuel Smith (The Voice-UK finalist), Esinu and Obenewa.
Kindly use this link to vote for Herty Corgie: https://www.speakupp.com/web/328447-3675/
In what some have described as the worship experience of the year, the concert was chiefly about expressing love for God and acknowledging his Supremacy.
Corgie had offered ‘Glory’, a tune edifying God few weeks prior to the concert and right after the concert impressively offered two new singles ‘Yahweh’ and ‘Ololufe’ on June 14.
At the June 2 event, Herty’s new singles were recorded live and just a week ago released the live video of the ‘Ololufe’ song on her YouTube page.
Plans are in the works to release her songs and video on DVD.
Folks can support Corgie’s ministry by purchasing her music here:
Gospel music enthusiasts, pastors and church workers are encouraged to vote for Herty Corgie to win the Female Artist of the Year USA.
It’s now only a matter of time before Herty Corgie’s true musical depth is experienced by all. She thus needs all the material and financial support she can get to continue churning out soul-stirring contemporary gospel music that inspires and transforms lives.
Connect with Herty Corgie on social media platforms:
Youtube: Herty Corgie